If you cancel more than 24 hours in advance of a booked appointment there will be no charge.
Cancellations of less than 24 hours may be charged at the full rate or a percentage thereof.
All information shared in sessions and associated phone calls, texts and emails is confidential. There are two exceptions to this:
• All therapists have supervision where they may discuss your work with them. Your therapist’s supervisor will also be bound by confidentiality. Person identifiable details will not be shared in supervision.
• Your therapist has a duty of care to you so if she is very concerned about your safety, or that of someone in your life, she will contact your GP to get you the most appropriate emergency help. If an unusual event necessitating a break in confidentiality occurs, this will be done where possible with your consent and only to those parties who have an absolute need to know.
The Lawful Basis for Processing Data
Kate Binnington Occupational Therapy processes your personal data under the lawful basis of ‘legitimate interests’ (GDPR Article 6.1.f). As with any healthcare provider, when you employ the services of Kate Binnington Occupational Therapy there is an implied understanding that in order to assess and treat you safely and appropriately the relevant information is required.
The Type of Data that is Processed and Stored
Kate Binnington Occupational Therapy will collect a variety of data which helps us assess, recommend and provide treatment for you. Data may be given to us by you or your representative and can include the following:
• Personal information e.g. name, address and date of birth
• Health information
• Email address
• Telephone numbers
• GP details
• Financial information through your payments to Kate Binnington Occupational Therapy
• Contact number for next of kin/family members*
*Please note that the names and contacts details about any family member forms part of the data we hold about you and so is treated the same in terms of confidentiality and security.
Information may be given to us verbally or in writing by you or your representative.
We have a professional and legal duty to ensure that the information we record about you is relevant to your treatment/care, accurate and up to date and only used for the purposes for which it was collected.
Your data will be kept in a locked secure clinical filing cabinet. Electronic data will be kept on an encrypted laptop and encrypted cloud storage.
Notes will be taken either during or after your session. Written notes will be kept in a locked secure clinical filing cabinet. Any electronic information from sessions (e.g. photographs of work done or worksheets completed) will be kept on an encrypted laptop and encrypted cloud storage.
Length of Data Storage
Professional guidelines require us to retain clinical files and work diaries for a period of 7 years after discharge from our care. This is helpful if you need treatment at a later date, but is also a requirement in case of litigation.
Financial records and items such as our bank statements (which may contain your name and payment details) are also required to be kept for a full 7 year period by HMRC for tax purposes.
If you make an enquiry about our service but do not proceed any written notes/email correspondence will be retained as above.
Written clinical records and accounts are shredded and electronic files are deleted by Kate Binnington Occupational Therapy at the end of the requisite period stated above.
If you have any questions about these polices, please let me know either in session or contact me on:
Phone: 07966 964 316